Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Feel Like a Pod People

So we went to the OB for an ultrasound yesterday, and all is well so far. I have to say, though, that the babies looked a little scary. In fact, I'd go as far as to say they looked like little aliens. Their eye sockets were large and black, and really all you could make out were the skeletal structures. Hopefully they won't grow up to devour me and take over the world. Look at, honey, how cute are they as they eat our neighbors?! Just kidding -we like our neighbors. And the babies are kinda cute. They have little tiny fingers and toes that wiggled for us. I still can't believe how much they've grown in 4 or 5 weeks. They measured about 8 cm from head to rump. (The legs were curled up, just so ya know. Trust me, Grandma, they DO have legs.) The crowding in there makes it hard for me to tell that they're even in separate sacs. They are active little critters, though. Everytime the Tech targeted Baby A's heart with a crosshair, he/she became a little Mexican Jumping Bean. It was tough to get a heartbeat! Baby B seemed a little more laid back. There was some definite twitching going on, but he/she was very spread out lengthwise, maybe a little squished vertically, but overall our little sea monkeys seemed to be in chillin' moods. The cool thing compared to the last ultrasound is that the movement is now all voluntary. I should feel them move soon, especially with twins, although I haven't as of yet. It'll probably take me longer since I'm a newbie at this stuff, and I don't know what to look for. At our next ultrasound in 4-6 weeks, we'll measure organs, limbs, etc. Apparently we'll be able to see a lot more by then. Stay tuned.

I tried to attach the clearest pictures, but it's never as clear as seeing them squirm and jump on the screen. (Click to enlarge.)




No comments: