Monday, July 9, 2007

Times Two

Yes, we're having twins!! We are very excited and appropriately nervous! I finally got around to scanning ultrasounds for your perusal. The first one is from pretty early on at almost 4 weeks. It pretty much just looks like 2 little holes on the screen. We were relieved there weren't 3! Seriously. At our 6 week ultrasound (not pictured), we could make out heartbeats! The following ultrasounds, though, are much more interesting. At 9 weeks, we could make out limbs, brains, fingers, and feet! One of our resident fetuses (or foeti as I like to call them now) began kicking towards the other! I was actually disappointed to find out that sibling rivalry hadn't begun, since these movements are still involuntary. The other 2 ultrasounds show them at 9 weeks. BTW, they are fraternal twins with separate placentas, so they could turn out to be the same sex or a boy-girl combo. We'll see...

I've started in with the nausea thing mostly in the last 2 weeks or so. (Week 11 and 12 for those of you who follow such things.) Not much vomiting yet -thank God! I just eat about every 2 hours to head off the queasiness! My face started swelling a little last week, and my middle has been expanding for about 2-3 weeks. I'll reluctantly take some pics of myself in the next few days to post for your scrutiny. Keep watching for the next post!
(You can click on the pictures to enlarge.)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shannon, this is awesome. Thanks for the website. Can't wait for next posting.
Joyce, Grandmother to Be

Anonymous said...

So cute! You're chalk full 'a baby parts!! :o)